HOBBY ROOM? GUEST BEDROOM? MAN CAVE? TRANSFORM YOUR GARAGE
We all know that space comes at a premium, and that moving home is not always a practical option. Thankfully, transforming your garage into a usable space is not the costly, time-consuming project it once was. With minimum cost and skill, you can convert your garage into a liveable and inviting space with these simple tips:
- Install windows in your garage door: This simple additional to your garage door will have a massive impact on those using the garage. Studies have shown that natural light is able to lift moods and increase energy levels.
- Insulate your garage door: Garages tend to be too cold in the winter and far too hot in the summer, making them places to avoid for most of the year. Garage door insulation will help to regulate the temperature in the garage, keeping it cool in summer and warm in winter. The garage will now be a place you want to use all year round.
- Install pegboard: If converting your garage into a hobby room, a pegboard is a must-have installation. It will allow you to store and organize your tools, whilst also allowing you to easily find them as they are all on display.
- Storage units and shelves: No-one wants a cluttered, disorganized garage, but often garages often end up this way as they become repositories for all those items that we cannot bear to part with, but which don’t have a proper place in the home. Shelving units are relatively cheap and easy to install and will transform the garage. The clutter will be easy to organise and store away, freeing up space in the garage for it to become a hobby room, games room or even an emergency guest room.
- Install epoxy flooring: Epoxy flooring can make a room look brand new and comes in a range of colours to suit your style and purpose for the garage. Epoxy flooring is strong, durable and resistant to staining, making it a wise choice for use in the garage.
- Install a weather seal: It is common to have a small gap underneath your garage door. These gaps can let out heat, creating drafts, and let in rain, dust, debris and vermin. These are all things which are going to make your garage an inhospitable place. A garage threshold seal will help create a watertight seal and help complete your garage transformation.